Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bible Quiz

So here's a post without our kids. Yes it's hard to believe some times that life outside the world of kids exsist but it does. Ray and I signed up for 8 weeks of Marriage enrichment sessions. There's about 30 couples of all ages. Video's to watch and topics to discuss in groups and as a couple. It's great to know we are taking care of eachother the best way we know how and there is always more tips we can pick up. Anyways, I won't go into the details but I did want to share with you this quiz they passed out. Nothing really to do with marriages but it was something to do together. So give it a try. The biggest challenge is to time yourself. Try to complete it within 10 minutes or less.

This is a special test of your knowledge of the books of the bible. See if you can find all of the books of the bible that are mentioned. There are 16.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"I once made a remark about hidden books of the bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for the facts...and others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of our readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinationg few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a pastor to find one of them, and there will be a loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now, for there really are sixteen names of the bible in this paragraph."

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? we've found all but one so I guess it's just like they said "it will take a pastor to find one". Good luck!!

11 comments:

Cory and Tash Doerksen said...

This could be fun, but... Can you correct the spelling boo boos? I think when you said 'judes' you meant 'judges'... And, are some of the names linking between the words?

Tash

Cory and Tash Doerksen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cory and Tash Doerksen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cory and Tash Doerksen said...

By 'fascinationg' you mean fascinating, right?

Cory and Tash Doerksen said...

What does 'eary' mean in "...really eary ones to spot"?

Cory and Tash Doerksen said...

By 'names of hte bible' you mean 'names of the bible?'

(Am I being anal?!?!)

Melody Peters said...

Tash; So I made the corrections. I do appoligize. Thanks for pointing them out. I did copy it from our hand out so I yes I did intend for it to say "lulu" I guess I should look it up as I don't know what that means - guess I gave one hint away as that's an obvious one now!!
So how did you do Tash??

Cory and Tash Doerksen said...

Grr. I keep writing a comment and then exiting the page without posting it. Duh. I have found 15. Are you sure there are 16? And why did you delete my comments? Is that nice?

Melody Peters said...

Tash I ment to comment on your comment but instead it deleted so sorry it was not ment to be mean. yes there is 16 but like I said I have only 15 too.

Riverwood Church Community said...

Wow...Tash should be a proof-reader! Good job! (Hi Natasha and Cory).

Well...our staff took a stab at it and found...15!

Maybe there are only 15 and they say 16 just to drive you nuts!

Thanks for passing it on...

Todd

Riverwood Church Community said...

Mark, Luke, Kings, Acts, Revelation, James, Ruth, Numbers, Job, Amos, Esther, Judges, Titus, Lamentations, Hebrews and Peter = 16!