Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The hole


Here is the actual hole size now that Ray has framed it in, removed the 5 studs and rewired the lights and fan. A lot more work this time but all completed within a weekend so very impressive. Next comes the molding just like the other hole. It really brings a new look to th room and hopfully we'll get a nice picture for the other wall in entrance way. It has been great to look throught the whole to say hello to peole coming in or goodbye as guests are leaving without all standing in a small enterance way!
Sorry I didn't take the picture until now. This last weekend Ray was gone on the men's retreat and I tried overcomming my fear of heights and painting the entrance way but I couldn't complete it and left 1/2 of it still for him to do. I don't know; something about being home alone with the kids sleeping, climbing up a ladder when I am already afriad of heights! I just couldn't do it. Also, each time I seemed to move the ladder the kids woke up in nightmares so it really wasn't worth all the up and down to try again for a second coat. Ray will just have to do it himself some time. So for now here is the update so you don't think we just left the wall with 2 small holes (hey Mel!!)

1 comment:

Cory and Tash Doerksen said...

Nice hole! We should probably call it something else though. It looks great though!

tash