Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day




We are not usually the typical Valentines sort of people. I could care less if I get something that day. Ray has known this from the beginning. I would rather do stuff for eachother throughout the year. I do appreciate the flowers I usually get, but I appreciate more that Ray usually (and again this year), gets the flowers earlier this month rather then right on the day. Somehow it is a nice surprise still as to when they'll show up. We also hate trying to go out on the actually day with everyone eles trying to go out then too. I do try to make a nice dinner though. This year I tried cooking crab legs for the first time. The leg was as long as my own arm. We think it must have been from a Spider Crab. Atleast, it was something that Mark could relate to after seeing them in Oregan this last summer. I LOVE the fact that our kids love fish and seafood. Mark tried crab at one of Costco's snack counters in a wrap, and has loved it ever since. Anyways, it is actually a nice fancy dinner with the kids this year and it went over great!