Monday, March 24, 2008

my BIG birthday




Turning 30 for some reason was a big deal for me. I've been dropping hints for a few months that I wanted something big for a celebration but Ray was adamit that he doesn't do big birthday parties. I had ideas or was willing to plan my own party but everything was no,no, no. I actually believed him even up until the evening of my birthday. The girls that I craft with monthly had thrown a small surprise birthday party which was super nice but even than I belived Ray was going to put it off. Along he said we were too busy and with the reno's and all we could celebrate later.... The night of my birthday I was so mad we were not doing anything I went to excercise with some girlfriends and was totally planning on going out some where with them. Some how Ray convinced me to come home for cake with the kids so I did. Ray actually baked the cake himself and Mark and him iced it together. We couldn't find candles with 3-0 so Mark went looking everywhere and ended up having 3 tall candles, and the #3 and the respite girl I look after put on the # 1 and 2 other candles. In otherwords there was tons of candles on my cake and it was funny...I walked into a house full of family and friends. Man they totally got me. I'm obviously not a good one for surprise parties as I was sooooo grumpy but EXTREMELY happy they pulled it off. I think that will be the last surprise birthday Ray will put on for me for awhile - I had to appoligize huge. Thanks to everyone who pulled it off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mel! I'm glad that so many people came together to make your day so special. Don't worry about the grumpy part either...that is what he should have expected after you dropped all those hints!! Love ya!