Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Puzzled??



Some people are born to be puzzlers. We got into the discussion the other day if someone could be trained to be a good puzzler? Some people have the patience to sit for hours and love to gaze over a thousand or more, small unique pieces of cardboard looking for the exact piece they need. Others, like myself love to puzzle and can sit for a long time but my eyes need to take breaks once in awhile to refocus. Some times I come back and the piece I've been searching for was right in front of me the whole time. After I came back from our church women's retreat, we still had still two days before the week of work began. We took out a puzzle. For the last few years our own children have been too young to trust not to destroy a puzzle. Now that they are old enough to know better, my daycare kids are too young. Needless to say we scattered the 1000 pieces all over the table and started our fun. Our kids played near by and sooner then later Mark had 10 puzzles out himself and worked on the floor beside us putting his own puzzles together. He started with all his 24 piece puzzles as he can whip through them like nothing. Next he did one 48 piece and 3 49 piece puzzles. He spread the completed puzzles on the floor telling Kyla to for a walk through his museum of puzzles. Finally, he started on a 100 piece puzzle and said "I need help with this one". We started our puzzle Sunday afternoon and at about 1am Tuesday I was done for the day and Ray stayed up to put the last few pieces in, it was completed by 1:30am on Tuesday morning. It was a tough puzzle right to the last few pieces he said. The blues in the sky were so realistic. I would say it wasn't our toughest puzzle yet, but it was difficult. I love doing puzzles that are actual photos. So here to starting a puzzle season. Our first Winter (1st year of marriage and prior to children) we completed 8 puzzles, we've had a number of years with only one puzzle a year (at Grandmas house or visiting family in Calgary), we hope to complete at least one or two more this year and bring back our tradition.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So much blue! Never thought of taking a picture to show it was actually completed!

Melody Peters said...

it is still out...I guess it's been so long since our last puzzle it's hard to put it away...need to start another one when you come!