Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scrabbler

Scrabble is a game I don't play much. There are a few in my family that love this game. I myself am an increablably awful speller. I get intimidated playing with some but I do enjoy the game enough to play.

Last night, I played Scrabble with my mom and my mother-in-law. I can say the game was close. I knew my mom was playing so I had the Official Scrabble Dictionary ready for this game. Normally Trudy does not play with this book, but she was willing this time to humor us.

For my game, I might not have the correct definition but I can come up with a word. Sometimes I even have the correct spelling - if I"m lucky.

I for some reason was on an "ER" frame of mind. Luckily I found myself having the "ER" letters almost every time I picked up. I played words like "sitter" which you may laugh but I actually had the correct definition without looking it up ! - "one that sits". I played "winger" but I thought it was hockey not soccer - oops...oh yeah and my mom played that word (oops) but we didn't allow "yaada" as in "yaada yaada".
I came up with "QAT" but didn't know the definition...for those of you who are interested it means an evergreen shrub. I even got to play it on a triple word spot.
I'll know the definition next time if Trudy will allow it (it can only be found it the Scrabble dictionary)!

Thanks ladies for a great game!!

ps...When I do my spell check for this blog...QAT does not register as a word nor does YAADA YAADA!!!

No comments: