Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mark and his bike


This is Mark at the Gardom Lake fundraiser. He biked the whole 5 km up and down the hills. Some hills he needed the extra push especially on the way back but he was the youngest bike rider this year and won a prize for it. Most adults; including Grandpa Wally bike the 70kms. For Mark's age and his distance we figure it's pretty comparable and impressive!! He was pretty proud of himself here holding his prize - his water bottle - a true highlight for him as he seems to be obessed with water bottles these days.
Mark's most recent news is that he lost his trainning wheels the second week of May. I thought I had a picture to show but I have a ton of video and no still photos. I tried uploading a video but have to try the youtube idea that the Gunther's and Duester's use so you'll have to wait for me to figure it out - I'm slow on the up hill when it comes to technology!!
We were prepared for a painful learning curve for Mark to catch on to the balancing of two wheels but he blew us away after figuring it out in less then 10 mins. Just ask Jodi Epp in Winnipeg as she was here as a witness.

No comments: