Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines


Love Day. That's what our kids call it.

A day that we celebrate all the people we love. Some are far and some are close at hand. The kids received valentines cards in the mail. They were so excited that they created some more to send back. The problem was that I sprained my ankle this week and have been house bound all week. Thus those valentines weren't mailed in time. They finally got mailed and those cousins will receive them next week. A package arrived this week and the kids painfully have waited until today to open it. Mail has always been an excited thing. There is so many reasons why technology works in our world but are we taken away the simple treasures in life?

Valentines Day. A silly holiday in my mind. Why make day different then the rest just to say I love you. Shouldn't we be saying it all the time? I appreicate that Ray got me my flowers last week. It makes them more of a meaningful surprise. Wouldn't we want to be loved all 365 days in a year not just one?

The kids and I love baking together. Cookies, pies, cakes, cinnamon buns. We just love to bake and I love that they help out. It does make it messier but it's more important that they help out in my mind.

This week we baked heart cookies. They each put in an ingreadant or two. They turn the mixmaster on and off. They rolled the dough. They cut out the hearts. They tasted one each. As I wrote on each of them Mark practiced reading the work "LOVE" like a hundred times! Finally they brought them to their classes to share with their friends.
To ALL OUR FRIENDS AND FAMLY - WE LOVE YOU AND WISH YOU A HAPPY VALENITINES DAY!!
Picture taken by: Mark Peters

No comments: