Thursday, February 12, 2009

my purse

I don't think of myself as boring or repetitive but somethings in life you just love and you never want to change.

I've never been a girly girl when you think of shopping. I attack it like a chore. I know what I want, go in, and get out. Especially something that I know I need or want. Hence why shopping for others doesn't happen very often. I don't just hang out in mall and enjoy it. I'll do it if I need. Oh, I'll go for walks when I know they won't be busy. Inside walks in the winter are better then do walks at all. The new movie shopaholic would be my nightmare of a life I'm sure.

Speaking of shopping...

I purchased a purse 12 years ago at MEC and found it to be the perfect purse for me. I love the number of pockets, the zippers, the snaps. I appreciate the color - BLACK it goes with everything. Ok ok it's not a fancy purse but nor do I dress up fancy more then once a year. It's an every day bag more like it. It suits me perfect.

Now fast forward 12 years and we have a problem. This purse/ bag has been used and abused every day since. It has been left behind many places, washed too many times to count. Full of toys, snacks, pictures, papers, crayons rather then pens. It's been a life savor.

Needless to say it's zippers are tired. It's time to retire.

I went shopping for a new one. I hate shopping.

I went looking in Mexico...never found one I loved.

I came home and realized I just love my purse and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I went on line and bought it again. The exact same one just brand new!!


No comments: