Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Lavender Farm poem


I had a picture in my head that this related to. It's beauty so hard to describe in words...

A place I met God this last week.

A field of forget-me-nots in my picture, but this lavender was close enough to remember.

I sat, crouched down as she does, only my arms are wrapped around my legs.

It is peaceful all around me, yet out of my peripheral view a war is raging, one we cannot see.

I am little in this huge, huge field.

I wanted to met you in a tree God, but you met me here...

What if I stay sitting? What if I stand?

I sit. I sit in peace. I sit in the quiet. I sit with tiny blue flowers all around me.
Forget-me-not.




The lavender dries hanging in my closet to be enjoyed for days to come...




1 comment:

Trudy said...

That was beautiful !