Monday, February 21, 2011

snowboarding


I picked up this board for Mark to practice "snowboarding" with. He loved it. Amazingly enough he got on the board and had the balance and stability to get down the toboggan hills with ease. He obviously doesn't get his sense of balance and charisma from his mother. I would have fallen a few times before even reaching the bottom - that is if I hadn't jumped off after just starting to move.
Ray took Mark up the mountain to give actual snowboarding a try. He called from the cell phone after taking the lift for a second time...."I did it mom!" "I went so straight and so fast...I love it". I was so proud of him. After talking with Ray I learned that yes he did fall a few times and yes, it was a bit scary watching him go straight down the hill without turning - but he had picked it up quite fast.
Good job Mark. We're proud of you!

No comments: